My July Ipsy Beauty Bag came first, so that will be the one I share with you today (stay tuned for my Birchbox next week). I have heard mixed reviews on Ipsy, so I didn't have high expectations, but my overall first impression was good! Maybe it's because I'm a noob at this and my standards are low for these, but I think I got some great stuff that I can't wait to try out!
- I can't wait to try the Healthy Sexy Hair Soy Renewal Beach Spray! At first I was disappointed with it being a beach spray (since I have short hair, I'm not one to rock the just got out of the ocean look very well), but the directions also say you can use it as a root lifter! Winning! You all know I love my big hair, so this will definitely be put to good use.
- The Pouty Pop Lip Crayon is super soft and moisturizing! I'm used to lip crayons being dry and brittle, but this felt like a high end lipstick when going on. The color is a little neutral for me, but I think it will look great with a more muted, dressed down look.
- Who doesn't need sunscreen? This Coola Mineral Face SPF Moisturizer will definitely come in handy. Toss it in your purse to have just in case you find yourself out in the sun for longer than you thought.
- We've all heard of Benefit, but Benetint? This product looks scary at first glance (reminds me of food coloring), but it actually is very easy to use and not as harsh as it seems. In fact you can use it very sparingly. I used it as a blush and loved it! Just the right amount of rosy. And if you want more color, just swipe a little bit more on and blend!
- Lastly was this great pallet from BH Cosmetics. It is a sample from 3 of their newest color pallets. I think I will get the most use out of the Hollywood purple and the San Francisco brown. The Malibu gold might be a little too warm for me (I usually wear an off white).
If you've ever thought about signing up for a monthly subscription beauty bag, so far my experience with Ipsy has been positive. Which ever one you choose, I'm sure you will have good months and bad months, but at least you got to step out of your everyday product bubble and try something new!