Enough talk about the two, let's open the Birchbox and see what it has to offer!
My overall first impression was good! I like the clean and simple look of how the box is packaged and felt like it was a special gift because of the tissue paper.
One of the best features is the card you get that describes each product that is in your box. Based off an online profile, they choose products especially for you from the variety of options for that month. Below are the products I received based from my profile.
- I find this funny, I received this Coola Sunscreen in my July Ipsy bag! You would think they would know what their competitors are putting out every month.
- Benefit's Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow foundation feels super soft and I was quite pleased that it was a color I could definitely use.
- Number 4 Super Comb Prep and Protect was a bit of a disappointment. I saw some people got hairspray, which I would have much rather preferred. This particular product is a leave in conditioner for color treated hair (which I don't have). I'll give it a try of course.
- I have heard so much about the Tan Towel and am so happy to finally get to try one! If you know me, you know I'm all about sunless tanning, so this is right up my ally!
- 100% Pure Nourishing Body Cream was a bit of a let down. It was just 3 sample sized packages. It would have been nice if it was in a bottle like everything else. Good to throw in the purse for when you need some lotion on the go.