It's so hard to find the positive when it seems like so many negative things are happening all at once. Never have I needed this high five for Friday post more than I do right now. Until I was gathering my pictures together to capture my week, I was only dwelling on the bad things that happened and forgot all the great memories we made in just a few short days! Sure, over the course of a few weeks, life has given us two cars that aren't running, a broken garage door, AC that needs repair and a child with pink eye, but it by no means will define my week. I want to remember the good things, the things that matter years from now. It's time to celebrate the highs and bury the lows with four simple words: High Five for Friday!
- We spent last weekend in Minneapolis for my husband's American Idol audition. Even though he didn't make it to the next round, it was still a great experience! Here is a fun family picture of us in front of the American Idol backdrop!
- Minneapolis is home the the Mall of America, so you better believe we went and checked it out. The entire center f the mall is an amusement park. I knew there were rides, but never expected 5 roller coasters and other rides!
- I will talk more about the trip in detail next week, but while we were there, we got tickets to a Twins game. And even though it was cooler than we would have liked, we all still had a great time!
- Couldn't leave Mall of America without a family picture. :)
- After a long weekend and some craziness near the end of the trip, it was only fitting that we end on a high note with dinner outside in the city accompanied by a bottle of wine.